ATTENTION MEMBERS: Beginning Sunday, May 16th, the Y will be using CourtReserve, a new platform for online court reservations/registrations. TennisConnect will be discontinued. If you would like to create a new account on CourtReserve, please click here.
To log in or register a reservation account,
please click on the link at the top right of this page.
Reopening Guidelines for Tennis Operations at YMCA Silver Spring:
- Please arrive dressed to play tennis. Restrooms will be available, but locker room changing areas and showers will be closed.
- Please bring your own water bottle filled with water to use, as water fountains at the Y will be closed.
- Please bring your own towel.
- Please use hand sanitizer and wash your hands before and after each playing session.
- Sanitize your equipment, including racquets and water bottles, prior to and after play. Sharing equipment is not permitted.
- Please know that use of the tennis courts is offered only to members with active memberships at this time. To activate your membership in advance of your arrival, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If your membership is on hold, it will be reactivated upon participation. Guests are not permitted to play tennis at this time. We look forward to welcoming guests to the Y in future phases.
- Members are encouraged to reserve their tennis court time on the YMCA website.
- Players should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to their reserved court time. Walk-in participation is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Check-in with YMCA staff before proceeding to the tennis courts. During the check-in process, you will be asked to scan your YMCA membership ID card, your temperature will be checked with a touch-less temperature scanner and you will be asked five health screening questions.
- Practice social distancing and keep at least ten feet between you and others.
- In Montgomery County Maryland, it is recommended, but not required, that members wear a face covering (face mask or cloth face covering) when exercising (during tennis play).
- During play
- No more than 2 members will be permitted on a court at one time
- New (unopened) cans of tennis balls are required for each player, with a unique number/mark or brand of balls. Each player should only handle their own tennis ball during play.
- No physical contact is permitted (shaking hands, high fives, etc.)
- Stay on your side of the court (avoid changing ends of the court).
- If an errant ball comes onto your court, the ball should be moved back with your racquet to the appropriate court (do not use your hand).
- Pick up tennis balls using your racquet/foot together. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
- Avoid touching your face after handling the tennis balls or racquet.
- After play
- Leave the court, using the nearest exits that serve your court, as soon as reasonably possible while maintaining social distance.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use hand sanitizer.
- No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. Avoid congregating after playing and please leave the facility.
- The YMCA’s Inclement Weather / Thunderstorm Policy will be implemented for member safety.